Successful marketing needs to be long-term and well-planned. There needs to be a strategy. However, marketing teams can often get caught in a cycle of activities which don’t effectively serve the overall plan. A cloud-based technology solution with the right relationship marketing tools can help – but you need to make it work for you.
How effective is your relationship marketing really?
Do you find yourselves getting a communication out for the sake of getting it out? Content is enormously important. But sending out content for content’s sake without a strategy behind it is a waste of time.
1. Are self-absorbed blog posts and commentary on social media alienating your clients rather than ingratiating them?
2. Do you know what your clients think about your communications? Do you even ask them? Do you have the analytics to know what works and what does not?
3. Do you have the right processes in place to deal when doing digital marketing? Security and protection of customer data is critically important. There should be consent from the customer, continual monitoring of opt out and undeliverable activity, and segmentation and targeting of marketing lists based on behaviours and interactions.
4. Do all your marketing activities have real, true measurable reporting attached to it. If not, they are not even worth doing.
Depending on how you answered the questions above, you may want to consider investing in a cloud-based relationship marketing solution so that you can develop strategies and processes that will make your B2B relationships stronger. The right solution will give you the analytics and insights you need to fine-tune your marketing. You will be able to know what works and what doesn’t, who your most engaged relationships are and identify new opportunities for growth. But before deciding on a cloud-based relationship marketing platform you need to ask:
1.Does the solution capture the complete customer picture?
2. Does my marketing team have the skills and experience to use this data to nurture customers and further build high value relationships?
3. Is it scalable? As the business grows, will the technology can expand with it?
4. Is it accessible? a cloud solution should be accessible anytime, securely and on any device – mobility is crucial
5. Will my firm save money? A cloud solution should reduce the need for capital expenditure and firms usually get product feature upgrades included in the solution.
Establishing a relationship marketing strategy can expose and change those deeply entrenched yet sometimes unhelpful marketing processes, allowing firms to be more agile. You need to be able to set aside the time to ensure new behaviours and practices are learnt and embedded.
Whatever your reasons are for taking a cloud-based solution for relationship marketing, you still need to make sure the system works for you
Find out more about cloud-based relationship marketing. Visit Marketing4Dynamics.com
Adapted from an original article by Annabel Power, Director Concep, Asia Pacific: Relationship marketing in the cloud-era. Download to read the full article here